Category Archive: Insurance Types


Accident and Illness Insurance

Accident and illness insurance is vital for any tradesperson, but especially if you’re self-employed. The insurance will help you if you are unable to work due to injury or illness. Accident and illness insurance is often confused with income protection, however there are some important differences, and generally an income protection policy will be moreRead More


Key Person Insurance

Key person insurance, also known as key man insurance, can help to cover costs incurred due to the loss of a key person in your business. The proceeds from a key person insurance policy can cover lost revenue, or the costs involved in hiring and training a replacement.

Tradies Ute

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

Insurance for your ute, truck, van or car Like most tradies, you’d probably be stuffed without your ute to haul yourself and your tools to each job. If your vehicle is involved in an accident you need to get it back on the road as quickly as possible, and you certainly don’t want to haveRead More

Electrician Insurance

Trauma Insurance

Trauma insurance is vital for any tradesperson, but especially if you have a mortgage or a family to support. Trauma insurance will pay a lump sum amount if you are diagnosed with a critical illness. Generally these types of illnesses will not be fatal, but they can place a huge financial burden on your andRead More

Working on a roof.

Life Insurance

Life insurance is vital for any tradesperson, but especially if you have a mortgage or a family to support. The funds paid from your life insurance policy will assist your family be ensuring they are not burdened by your mortgage and other debts and expenses. What is life insurance? Life insurance will pay your estateRead More


TPD Insurance

TPD insurance is vital for any tradesperson, but especially if you have a mortgage or a family to support. TPD stands for Total & Permanent Disability, and the policy will pay you a lump sum if a doctor declares that you are unlikely to ever work again due to an injury or illness. What isRead More

Painters Insurance

Business Expense Insurance

What if you couldn’t work for a period due to injury or illness? Who would cover your business expenses whilst you were away? Hopefully you’ll have income protection insurance to help with your personal expenses such as paying the mortgage and paying for groceries, but what about your business expenses? Regardless of whether you workRead More


Accidental Injury Insurance

For any tradie’s family there is one thing they want more than anything else, and that’s for you to get home safely each day. Unfortunately worksites are dangerous places, and accidents do happen. You can do all the right things to stay safe, but sometimes it’s simply out of your control. Insurance might not beRead More


Other Forms of Trade Cover

Throughout the Tradesman Insurance website you’ll see plenty of references to the common forms of cover, but what about the less common ones? When most tradies think about insurance they are thinking of three main covers, being public liability, income protection and tool insurance. But there are a few other forms of cover which mayRead More

Tradies Ute

Car Insurance for Tradies

Most tradies have plenty in common, and one of the main things is the need for a commercial vehicle. As a tradie you need your ute or van to haul your tools around and get from one job site to the next. Without your car you’d be in trouble. So what happens if your carRead More

We wouldn't want to insure this tradie!

Sickness and Accident Insurance

One of the most commonly required forms of cover for tradesmen is sickness and accident insurance. Sickness and accident insurance, also commonly known as accident and illness insurance, is designed to protect your income if you are unable to work for a period of time. Most Australian insurance companies offer this form of cover, andRead More